Toy Story is a CGI animated film series and Disney media franchise that began with the original 1995 film, Toy Story, produced by Pixar and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. The franchise focuses on a group of toys that secretly come to life and end up unexpectedly embarking on life-changing adventures. The first two films of the franchise were directed by John Lasseter, and the third by Lee Unkrich, who acted as the co-director of the second film (together with Lasseter and Ash Brannon). Lasseter will return to direct the upcoming fourth film.
Main films Edit
- Toy Story (1995)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Toy Story 3 (2010)
- Toy Story 4 (2019)Television:
- Toy Story Treats: In 1996, Pixar created a series of shorts known as Toy Story Treatswhich were used as interstitials on ABC Family and Disney's One Too. They did not necessarily follow the continuity from Toy Story, taking place before, during and after the events of the first film. They were aired roughly around the time of the Toy Story's release to home video.
- TV specials:
- Toy Story of Terror! (2013)
- Toy Story That Time Forgot (2014)
- Toy Story (1995): Video game adaptation of the first movie.
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (2000-2001): Spinoff TV series not made by Pixar, though they did animate the CGI intro sequences for the Pilot Movie and the series proper.
- Toy Story Toons: In 2011, Pixar started releasing short animated films to supplement the Toy Story films, called Toy Story Toons. The shorts pick up where Toy Story 3 has left off, with Woody, Buzz, and Andy's other toys finding a new home at Bonnie's. So far, three shorts have been released:
- Hawaiian Vacation (played before Cars 2) — Barbie and Ken end up in Bonnie's bedroom after a failed attempt to stow away on her trip to Hawaii, so the toys all try to create their own island paradise.
- Small Fry (played before The Muppets) — The first Pixar short to play before a live-action movie, Buzz gets left behind at a fast food restaurant and encounters lost kids' meal toys.
- Partysaurus Rex (played before Finding Nemo 3D) — When Rex finds himself left behind in the bathroom, he puts his limbs to use by getting a bath going for a bunch of new toy friends.
- Mythic Rock: still in development since 2013.
- A number of comic books, including:
- Tales from the Toy Chest
- Mysterious Stranger
- The Return of Buzz Lightyear
Kingdom Hearts III Edit
- Kingdom Hearts III: At the 2017 D23 Expo, it was revealed Toy Story will be coming as the first Pixar world in Kingdom Hearts. The game's events will be set between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.